Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Louis Vuitton Cruise 2015

"A game of colours" said Ghesquière, and it truly was. The show highlighted the shifting plain curtains and the glass floor featured a video installation of flowing water. Very befitting with the collection which displayed several pieces in the motifs of coral branches motifs creeping up from the edges of the skirt. Showcased in Monaco just before the Grand Prix, the Louis Vuitton Cruise 2015 is Nicolas Ghesquière's second collection for the house of Louis Vuitton since superseding Marc Jacobs as Creative Director.

The collection had pops of bright colours matched with hues of baby pink and yellow from the crisp, tailored pants which I fancy quite a bit. I have to say, I really am loving the play with colours and different patterns, even the very strategically placed peepholes in that dark blue sweater top. I've seen the close up details of several pieces (adore the lace detail at the edge of the skirt) and the lovely bags on Louis Vuitton's instagram account but it's a shame I couldn't find any to put up on this page! I'd take a look at their account if you'd ask me!

Images via Style.com.

No comments: