Friday, March 14, 2014

Chanel Fall RTW 2014


While the Chanel show was getting much hype all across social media platforms due to Karl Lagerfeld's brilliant Chanel stage for its Fall 2014 RTW collection, I can't help but be a little disappointed at the collection.
It was a range of technicolour tweeds and trainers, even a holey cutout pink ensemble that Cara Delevigne opened the show in but I was definitely more interested in the runway setting than anything else. It was a mock supermarket housing a bevy of Chanel supermarket items along the aisles, from chanel cookies of all sorts to champagne and "Coco Flakes". It was a dream come true! Every Chanel lover -(even fashion lover's)- paradise of a supermarket! 

Karl Lagerfeld truly has a creative mind and while I hate to say that the collection was not very much my cup of tea, I take note in the fact that a large amount of effort in making the collection with its impeccable attention to detail and use of fabrics. Karl's idea of the collection in relation to Pop Art is a move that is both daring and different.

P. S., Am I the only one who did not adore Cara Delevigne's hairstyle for the show? :(

Images via Style.com

No comments: