Saturday, January 5, 2013

Thank you 2012

Haven't been a very good blogger lately. Work and going out would contribute to that but it's all good. Anyway, it's 2013 now! We made it through what was supposed to be the end of the world. Glad I didn't spend all my money unlike some doomsday believers. A bit of a delayed post, but I am extremely thankful for what 2012 showed me. Without a doubt, 2012 for me was a year for learning, new experiences and most importantly, a year to be brave. I entered university unprepared of what to expect, not knowing what I was going to study, what direction I was going to take. Being away from my parents and leaving behind all that was familiar seemed like a tough task but I'm alive now aren't I? I learnt to be more independent and take action when I want something to happen. Of course, I tried my best in everything that I did and learnt to enjoy life a little more. In 2012 I also managed to strengthen existing relationships with people who I realize will always have my back and learn that not everyone has your best interest. I also started working for the first time, which I am thoroughly enjoying each day despite the whole lot of craziness that comes along with it. I get to be involved in something so interesting and that I love, I get to be close to fashion. Though it wasn't a perfect year or extremely smooth sailing, I am thankful it had opened my eyes to so much.

While we can all hope for 2013 to be a great year, we can't expect the whole year to be a breeze. Life is filled with ups and the inevitable downs, we just have to stay strong, be brave and let it pass. To learning, being brave and enjoying life. Here we go 2013!

No comments: