Friday, December 7, 2012

Seeing Red

IMG_2042
iii_effected
IMG_2043
Red seems to be a popular colour nowadays, probably because the holidays are coming whether it's the new year or Christmas. Perhaps the supposed doomsday on the upcoming 21st of December? That, shall be a topic for another day!

The colour red is a stimulating colour and has various connotations depending on how one associates with it that makes it so popular. The colour red could connote happiness, bravery and of course, love. Of course it could connote hostility but.. let's not go there! Based on Chinese belief, red connotes happiness and wards off bad spirits or bad luck. Whatever it is, when I put on this scarlet red blazer, it makes me feel a little more courageous as odd as it sounds.

Here I'm wearing a red blazer from H&M and patent red heels I bought three years ago. A really simple outift of course. I've been wearing this blazer for various occasions and meetings for the past week by switching up my pants/skirt my top and my jewelry. I finally found a blazer that fits me perfectly and I can't wait to get them in other colours!

1 comment:

Nava said...

Great post! I love it! ^^ You have a nice blog, mind to follow each other? :)

BLOG | TWITTER | TUMBLR