Friday, November 30, 2012

Inspiration: Cropped Tops

hannelicrop1
gaiarepossicrop
2057-Hanneli-Mustaparta-by-Hanneli-Mustaparta-1000x712
IMG_3652-673x505
_ON_2050.450x675_ON_2354.450x675_ON_2398.450x675
_ON_1075.450x675_ON_1452.450x675_ON_1052.450x675
[Balmain and Balenciaga] Style.com
A trend I noticed while scrolling through Balmain and Balenciaga during Paris Fashion Week was the appearance of cropped tops. Cropped tops?! Excited! I loved how they were so dainty and elegantly paired. 

While "cropped tops" doesn't necessarily sound so elegant, I don't think they necessarily have to be obscene or vulgar. Yes, some people have amazing bodies and are able to show off as much as their body as possible (Oh, envy!).

Cropped tops however, need not be belly or boob exposing. Despite it being cropped, they can be extremely classy when paired well with a high waisted skirt or pants. 

I always admired looking at these tall, elegant, fashionable women looking extra stylish with their cropped tops. Not showing too much skin, just a little peek of the midriff section.

One person that pulls it off extremely well all the time in my opinion is Hanneli Mustaparta. She's so gorgeous and chic!

3 comments:

Charlotte Everaert said...

I don't really feel this trend, but these outfits are nice!
xo Charlotte from Aliceroxy

Tala said...

the crop tops with the matching pencil skirts -- my dream !

Louisa said...

i love this trend!
love your blog, i am following now! check out my blog and follow back if you like it :)

http://heytheregood-looking.blogspot.co.uk/
xxxxx