Sunday, September 16, 2012

MSFW- Parallel Tensions: New Designer Exhibition

IMG_0831
Such a wide area with clean simplistic designs at the fortyfivedownstairs space on Flinders Lane. I love how they hung the designs from the ceiling and kept it minimal with simple, light coloured ribbons stretching across. Featuring the work of emerging designers like Melanie Bower, Christina Exie, Jason Hewitt, J. K. Kirk, Francis Leon, Oracles, RAGGATT and TETTMANN.DOUST, I was definitely inspired. If only I had the talent to produce such work! 
IMG_0819
IMG_0848
IMG_0823
IMG_0830
IMG_0824
IMG_0846
IMG_0825
IMG_0826
IMG_0821
IMG_0847
Christina Exie's somewhat torture-istic looking designs.
IMG_0852
There was even a little dark room screening designer interviews and showcasing the process behind the work.

2 comments:

Kim L said...

Christina Exie's body harnest with studs look pretty damn amazing! :) Not too sure if I'd wear that though.

Looks like a great exhibition. Wish I was back fro MSFW!

x
Kim
accidental encounters

Glossy Lala said...


Thank you for visiting my blog,I am following you as well.
http://www.glossylala.blogspot.co.uk/